Non-profits generally love FREE!! And donors usually get really excited about low-cost/ no-cost opportunities for their grantees to access skills-exchanges and new knowledge.
But How do we know when FREE is worth the effort, or just a waste of time?
Here is one virtual online conference you can be sure will be worth the effort. Organised and hosted by Resource Alliance, an organisation with a global reputation for its excellence in capacity development products and services for non-profits (particularly their conferences!), you can’t really go too wrong 🙂
This two-day event is being held on 13th and 14th May 2015 and all you need to do to be part of this fantastic learning event is register here. Over the two days, 16 sessions will be presented by leading experts in digital marketing, online fundraising and social media marketing, from within and outside the non-profit sector.
Full details on the programme are available here and include the following:-
- Six practical methodologies to enable you to get started – Dr Scilla Elworthy (UK)
- Charities don’t tweet, people do – Euan Semple (UK)
- Adapting to a changing world: the innovation imperative – Colin Habberton (South Africa)
- Seven ways to use mobile to build your supporter base – Nick Allen (USA)
- Integrating digital into your old fashioned fundraising stuff – Sean Triner (Australia)
- Crowdfunding for fundraisers – Ronald Kleverlaan (Netherlands)
- Five learnings from masters of social media you can use in your fundraising today – Touko Sipiläinen (Finland)
According to Resource Alliance, who host the regular Netherlands-based International Fundraising Conference,over 2 000 delegates from 120 countries participated in last year’s Fundraising Online, which once again aims to help charities of all sizes successfully navigate the shifting sands of technological change. With a focus on “empowerment and bridging the gap between online and offline initiatives”, Resource Alliance explains that this online initiative makes it possible for delegates to “benefit from the expertise of renowned speakers in the comfort of their own workplace, wherever and whenever it suits”.
Gotta go now … off to register 🙂 I am not missing this one!